help_outline Skip to main content

SBH Ride Updates

Saturday March 30 Party Pardee Volunteer Ride
Author Last Post

Hello Again,

Well, rain is expected with heavy showers in Ione through 4:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. My forecast shows rain beginning again at 1:00 p.m. With much regret, I'm canceling tomorrow's Volunteer Ride.

The good news...your ride leaders Barbara Lane, Carolyn Lewis, and I have decided to postpone the ride to Sunday, April 14. The 10 day forecast shows highs in the 70s towards the end of that week. Check the calendar for more details.

We'll see most of you who volunteer next Saturday in Ione if not before. The weather forecast is predicting partly cloudy skies with high temps in the low 60s and lows in the mid 40s. For all the early morning volunteers, bring warm clothing and layer up.

Maybe you can take a short ride from home tomorrow morning to tally up those last Spring Blitz miles.

Be Safe,


Good news it looks like it will be a perfect sunny 70 degree day for April 6, Party Pardee!!

Sent from Larry's iPhone

Hello Party Pardee Volunteers,

I've been following the weather forecast for the past few days and all my weather apps are still forecasting a chance of rain for the Volunteer Ride. I will send out an update Friday evening or before with a decision about canceling the ride.

If we are able to ride, you have three choices...a 26 mile, a 45 mile or a 65 mile route. Check the event calendar for more details about the sweepers and the RWGPS links. Dewey Welch has offered to SAG the routes.

Several of you have asked about postponing the ride. If we cancel I will look for a date on the calendar, hopefully before the green hills turn brown and the temps turn too warm.

Bill Lane and I want to thank all of you who have stepped up this year to make Party Pardee happen again.

I'll reply back here on Friday.


Return to Forum